We are looking for a skilled networking and security technical consultant with a wide range of skills in ICT to help deliver a wide range of on-going projects and support our growing client base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Installing, supporting and managing new hardware infrastructure including firewalls, switches, routers, security appliances.
- Configuring and supporting various public cloud based services, including our managed services platform.
- Liaise with our sales team to suggest solutions to customer business and technical problems, interpreting clients' requirements and designing technical solutions. Pitching these to clients in conjunction with the sales team.
- Providing documentation and in-depth Scope of Work (SOW) for clients.
- Demonstrating solutions to clients and installing proof of concept trials.
- Managing Service Delivery on a day to day basis all aspects of the Advatek Managed Services Portfolio including Helpdesk, datacenter and reporting/monitoring platforms.
- Managing Project delivery of both Internal and External Projects on a day to day basis as well as providing Management support to the Engineering team in the absence of the Technical Services Manager.
- Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Ensure configurations and data backup of services and implement recovery from disaster.
- Communicate with Vendors and Third Parties where required to escalate support cases and assist in diagnostics to resolve issues with hardware, firmware/software.
- Reading specialist journals and attending training courses and industry meetings in order to keep up to date with the latest technological developments and trends in engineering.
- Provide support to other engineers and assist in skills development within the engineering team.
- Undertake any other duties as requested.
- Education / Qualification: Educated to A level standard or equivalent, ability to demonstrate similar intellectual capacity. A degree in computer science or similar technical degree would be desirable. We are very interested in individuals with sales and / or technical qualifications in Fortinet, Cisco, Microsoft, Nutanix and Public Cloud.
- Personality: Interest and awareness in developing technologies and trends. Proactive, dynamic & focussed with the ability to demonstrate a lot of attention to detail. Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well-presented and business-like. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Personal Situation: This role is either based out of our Wrexham HQ office or remote. The successful candidate must be able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Working at and travel to customer sites when required. Overnight stays may be required whilst working on projects.
- Computer skills: Must have the ability to process complex information, must be adept in use of Internet, email & Microsoft office applications
- Literacy and Numeracy: Must be a competent writer of IT related documentation. Excellent written and verbal skills including ability to summarise and articulate complex solutions to clients. Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Business Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success supporting others in the business.
- Technical Skills: We are looking for someone with a good knowledge of all aspects of enterprise applications, computer infrastructure, ICT security and networking – Especially interested in people who have sold / designed solutions from Fortinet, Cisco, Microsoft, Nutanix and Public Cloud. Experience with SaaS, IaaS, Hosting & Business Continuity would also be useful.
- Experience: Interested in people that have worked for security specialists, systems integrators, VAR’s, managed service providers, hosting & cloud providers.
- Management Ability: The ability to manage projects (Internal and External) along with the ability take day to day ownership of core business functions in ICT service delivery along with supporting and mentoring other members of the team is essential. Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability may therefore be useful.