So, it looks like Veeam 10 is nearing release, with a teaser page appearing on their website here. We’ve been looking forward to this release for a while – there was speculation earlier in the year that it would be released around October but then October came and went and no release…. well, its looking like release is imminent now, and you can sign up for notifications on when it will be released here.
We think it’ll be released early January (although you never know, we could all get an early Christmas Present from Veeam!) Some of the brand new features coming in v10 include:
- Built-in Management for Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- NAS Backup Support for SMB and NFS Shares
- Scale-Out Backup Repository — Archive Tier
- CDP (Continuous Data Protection)Additional enterprise scalability enhancements
- Primary Storage Integrations — Universal Storage Integration API
More information on these new features can be found here.